Click here to get more information on the potters
Getting to Blue Hill & Deer Isle
Blue Hill and Deer Isle are located about 500 miles from New York City, 250 miles from Boston, 160 miles from Portland, ME. Driving time from Portland is approximately 3-4 hours.
The most direct route from Southern Maine:
1. Take I-95 (Maine Turnpike) past Portland or I-295 (Coastal) through Portland.
2. Just past Augusta, take Exit 113 onto Route 3. Continue on Route 3 approx. 44 miles to Belfast.
3. Take left turn immediately after overpass; Route 3 joins with Route 1. Continue on Routes 1 & 3 about 17 miles to Bucksport.
4. After crossing the Penobscot River, bear right at traffic light joining Routes 1 & 3 with Route 15.
5. Go 4.3 miles until Route 15 diverges as a right turn from Routes 1 & 3. Follow Route 15 to Blue Hill and then, on to Deer Isle.
Brochures can be found at many area businesses and B&Bs.
For more information, please call Melody at
207 359-2320 or Missy at 207 348-2601.